Thursday, May 15, 2008

Test ,Test, 1, 2, 1, 2

O.k. so this is my first week in Shanghai and I'm starting to get over jet lag! It's been tough for the past two days; I almost feel asleep on the subway last night! So lets see what is of interest. I'm staying in this hotel and this room:



I got in Tuesday May 14, 2008 at ~9:00 PM. When I went to pick up my luggage someone took my backpack and put it back on the conveyor belt. I literally took one step forward to get my bag, and one step back, looked around at where my bag had been and realized it was gone. I started asking people if they'd seen it only to realize that nobody knew any English in my immediate area. After a minute or so of severe panic, an American women came over to me and told me that the guy next to me put it back on the luggage belt! I looked at him and started to say things like "what the heck's wrong with you" and "why would you put it BACK on the belt?" but it was useless since he spoke less English than I spoke Mandarin... Luckily my backpack came rolling around on the next revolution and I was able to pick it up without him putting my checked luggage back on again.

2 Comments:

At May 15, 2008 at 5:34 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Excuse my smart-ass comment, but it looks like you're visiting a Brochure.

I hope you keep on blogging though. I'm adding you to my Reader!

 
At May 16, 2008 at 6:51 PM , Blogger Aaron Simms said...

I know, I know... I don't have a cable for my camera so I can't upload any pictures! I'm going to buy one today though so you'll be able to see more soon

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home