Thursday, May 22, 2008

People's Square

Here are some pictures of the area around People's Square, Shanghai:

This is a local commercial area near my hotel (on the way to the subway)


This is the view after coming out of the subway in People's Square


Some of the buildings around People's Square. I walked to the one on the right, the Hong Kong Building, because I heard that there was a electronics store next to it... There was, and it was huge! Three stories of electronics, where I was able to get my camera memory card reader for 8 dollars or something. It's interesting because when you start heckling over the price, it's already at a price you'd be willing to pay, so the exercise seems kinda silly!


Inside People Square on the way to the store.


So this is a raised highway that goes all over Shanghai. It's huge and it goes all over. There's one right next to my hotel, it might even be the same road for all I know.



Anyway, there are roads under them too, and I'm standing on a walking overpass that goes under the raised road, and over the ground level road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home