Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I'm Here!

Ok, so I'm here... I had a great birthday on the plane, although it was the shortest birthday ever! Maybe I'll try to come back home next year on my birthday so I can celebrate it for longer...

So the one thing I really wanted to talk about is the weather... It's REALLY hot here, check this out:



FEELS LIKE 112!!! And today isn't even humid, only 66%, yesterday it was somewhere around 80%. Now, at home I have AC, so thats great and all, but at work it's pretty miserable. They turn the AC on a little, but not enough to stop sweating... I think it's set at 77 degrees, but as soon as I leave my office area and go into the hall, I immediately start to sweat.

So a funny little story about sweating. Yesterday I walked to work (I didn't know how to tell a taxi driver to get there, so I figured I'd just hoof it), and after an hour and a half of walking I was totally soaked. It started for some reason at the knees, I don't know why, but I guess my knees are sweat makers now. I was wearing these gray pants that really showed it pretty bad, and it seemed like everyone I walked by looked at my knees, but eventually I gave up and hailed a taxi. As I get in the taxi, he looks at me (I'm literally dripping), then my legs (it looked like I fell in a lake) and turns on the AC and points all the jets at me... It was amazing!! He got mad when I couldn't tell him an address, I just pointed and had him drive around while I looked at buildings that I remembered... But eventually I got there!

5 Comments:

At July 24, 2008 at 5:24 AM , Blogger Paul C. said...

Aaron, this blog is awesome! Keep posting and I'll stay tuned (just like for tv)

Good luck and stay safe!

 
At July 24, 2008 at 5:52 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I agree! Keep up the good work!

They probably make special pants for knee-sweat.

 
At July 24, 2008 at 10:36 AM , Blogger Dave Knight said...

Do you have sweaty knees in the US too or only in China?

 
At July 24, 2008 at 12:07 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Two tips for you..

1) Colors like black and white usually hide the sweat better.

2) I read in Cosmo once that you can use that aerosol deorderant and spray it in sweat zones.. down the back, under the 'pecks' and I guess knees now fall in that catagory.. he he

GOODLUCK!

 
At July 30, 2008 at 8:16 AM , Blogger Brooke said...

Hi Aaron! Katie sent me this link so i can stalk you too :)

but seriously, jamie and i played tennis yesterday in the 1 billion and 24 degree weather that is Florida in the summer, and i was totally dripping sweat from my knees. you're not the only one!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home