Tuesday, August 26, 2008

FLOOD!!!

That's right, on Monday there was a flash flood in Shanghai. I woke up at 6:30 in the morning when the storm started, it was done when I woke up again to go to work at 7:30. After getting ready, I left my apartment only to find that there was a foot of water outside! I went back and got my sandals, rolled up my pants and started my trek to work.

All of the buses were running, but a lot of the cars were flooded. I don't think many people get to say this, but while walking to the bus stop I GOT HIT BY A TWO FOOT WAVE FROM A BUS! After an hour or so of me standing waiting for my bus, I decided to walk to work. I took pictures, but I don't have any way of getting them off my camera right now, I'll post them later.

The walk was great, it was interesting to see different people reactions. Some people walked along in full suits as if nothing was going on, the water up to their knees not even fazing them. Others were obviously really pissed off about it. Then some people were laughing about it... I have to admit it made me feel like I was at the beach.

I'll post the pictures once I get them downloaded

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home