Tuesday, September 9, 2008

FLOOD!!! (Pictures)

This is literally right out side my apartment. The bus stop that I get off of (coming home from work) is up the "street" on the left. I had to walk a little past that to get to the bus stop I needed.

So this is the bus that made the wave that I got hit by... Again, I'm amazed I get to write that!


Me waiting at the bus stop


STILL waiting!


And WAITING!! So I just realized that if you don't know what it looks like normally, you wouldn't really know how crazy this was. Most of the bus stops have these concrete platforms that are 6-8 inches high that people stand on. These people are standing on that, so the water is probably up to the middle of my calf from the street level.


I'm glad their wearing their ponchos... I wouldn't want them to get too wet!
Oh and I think that's a cat fish in the bottom of this picture...

5 Comments:

At September 9, 2008 at 8:15 AM , Blogger Bachelor Paul said...

Hello

 
At September 9, 2008 at 9:55 AM , Blogger just me said...

I am impressed by the intrepid-ness of the Chinese public transportation system! And now you know never to settle for a garden-level apartment...

 
At September 9, 2008 at 10:02 AM , Blogger AJ said...

This is insane. So what kind of extreme conditions would have to take place for people to NOT GO TO WORK?

 
At September 11, 2008 at 2:19 PM , Blogger Brooke said...

wow that is so crazy and HILARIOUS! i lol-ed when i read that you were hit with a wave of street water from a bus driving by....hahaha still laughing actually

 
At September 12, 2008 at 2:03 PM , Blogger aruna! said...

That is pretty gross. Did you buy galoshes yet or those fishing pants - that's what you need!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home